- nonhoration likes this
- miltonicsmile reblogged this from rubikovs
- marshtwain likes this
- thisisemilysfault reblogged this from sour-idealist
- toponym likes this
- sneepsneepsneepsneep likes this
- cumberconundrum reblogged this from rubikovs
- sour-idealist reblogged this from rubikovs
- rubikovs reblogged this from birdslut
- nattysquid reblogged this from birdslut
- nattysquid likes this
- 15rael reblogged this from fragmentsshoredagainstmyruin
- fragmentsshoredagainstmyruin reblogged this from guiding-light
- birdslut reblogged this from stalinistqueens
- daginja reblogged this from stalinistqueens
- relhatetionship reblogged this from stalinistqueens
- stalinistqueens reblogged this from unfertig
- oswinodinson reblogged this from unfertig
- loveliness-extreme reblogged this from unfertig
- fluffybedsock likes this
- unfertig reblogged this from guiding-light
- alzire reblogged this from spookysage
- alzire likes this
- fourofthem likes this
- thunderspooky likes this
- spookysage reblogged this from thebatmanchild
- illusoryvagrant reblogged this from thebatmanchild
- ask-luna-nightrave likes this
- thebatmanchild reblogged this from firebirdy
- anchorfaced likes this
- fabledquill likes this
- firebirdy reblogged this from degenezijde
- pasiphile likes this
- degenezijde reblogged this from guiding-light
- language-escapes likes this
- lord-of-morning reblogged this from guiding-light
- lord-of-morning likes this
- world-enough-andtime reblogged this from guiding-light and added:
- world-enough-andtime likes this
- happy-thought likes this
- twin-city-ankh-and-morpork reblogged this from hobbitofunseenhogwarts
- twin-city-ankh-and-morpork likes this
- hobbitofunseenhogwarts reblogged this from tifffanyaching
- tifffanyaching reblogged this from guiding-light
- vetinari-is-the-doctor likes this
- theautumnlibrary reblogged this from guiding-light
- tothehalcyon likes this
- tothehalcyon reblogged this from guiding-light
- deliverusfromsburb reblogged this from guiding-light
- katehughesart likes this
Granny Weatherwax’s beehives were tucked away down one side of the cottage. Some were the old straw kind, most were patched-up wooden ones. They thundered with activity, even this late in the year.
Tiffany turned aside to look at them, and the bees poured out in a dark stream. They swarmed toward Tiffany, formed a column, and—
She laughed. They’d made a witch of bees in front of her, thousands of them all holding station in the air. She raised her right hand. With a rise in the level of buzzing, the bee-witch raised its right hand. She turned around. It turned around, the bees carefully copying down every swirl and flutter of her dress, the ones on the very edge buzzing desperately because they had farthest to fly.
She carefully put down the big sack and reached out toward the figure. With another roar of wings it went shapeless for a moment, then re-formed a little way away, but with a hand out-stretched toward her. The bee that was the tip of its forefinger hovered just in front of Tiffany’s fingernail.
“Shall we dance?” said Tiffany.
In the clearing full of spinning seeds, she circled the swarm. It kept up pretty well, moving fingertip to buzzing tip, turning when she turned, although there were always a few bees racing to keep up.
Then it raised both its arms and twirled in the opposite direction, the bees in the “skirt” spreading out again as it spun. It was learning.
Tiffany laughed and did the same thing. Swarm and girl whirled across the clearing.
She felt happy and wondered if she’d ever felt this happy before. The gold light, the falling seeds, the dancing bees…it was all one thing. This was the opposite of the dark desert. Here, light was everywhere and filled her up inside. She could feel herself here but see herself from above, twirling with a buzzing shadow that sparkled golden as the light struck the bees, moments like this paid for it all.
— A Hat Full of Sky